The environmental benefits of solar power are already well-known and reported on by many. But we wanted to know more about the specific advantages of using solar energy and how it can help in day-to-day life. Here is a list of some interesting facts:
1) Solar panels do not require any fuel or maintenance during use.
2) Solar panels are made of recyclable or reusable materials.
3) Compared to fossil fuels, solar power uses very little space.
4) Solar energy is produced completely naturally with no greenhouse gases being released during use.
5) Solar power has the lowest carbon footprint of any other form of energy on earth.
6) Solar power is the most abundant form of renewable energy available today.
7) Solar arrays can be used to clean up water in areas where fresh water is scarce.
8) For every one percent of solar cells installed, three jobs are created.
9) Once an array has reached its life span of 30 years, it can be dismantled and a new one installed in its place.
10) Solar power is cheaper than coal-fired power plants.
Is it Easy to Have Solar Power for Residential Homes?
It is fairly easy and straightforward to install a solar power system at your home. First, you’ll need to assess where all of your energy consumption comes from, from appliances in the house or from gadgets brought into it? Then you can figure out what kind of solar panels would be appropriate for powering up your home.
Finding an installer who will look into your energy consumption and then offer a quote for installing solar panels can be easy, but going through the paperwork and other formalities may take some time. But once you get started, you’ll soon see how much of an impact using solar power instead of grid-supplied electricity will have on your electricity bills.
Is Solar Better Than Wind Power?
Solar power is among the most sustainable sources of energy on earth. But wind power can also help to conserve energy and limit carbon emissions by generating electricity without using any fuel or causing pollution.
In closing, we do not have to ask how solar power helps the environment because we already know. It is a renewable resource that emits no harmful gases, and it can help reduce your carbon footprint by a drastic measure if more people used it as their main source of energy.